It all started when...
Memorial School was built in 1957 and so named to remember our nation's heroes that were killed fighting for our country and our freedoms. Throughout the years, trees were planted and plaques were placed in the ground, in front of the school, in memoriam of these 14 Soldiers and Marines. Although time took it's toll on the physical remembrances, the memory never faded in the minds of many borough residents. In a collaborative effort between Mayor Keith Kazmark's Office, The Board of Education and the American Legion, the grounds were restored. New Trees were planted and a new Memorial featuring the refurbished original plaques were placed on it. The site was aptly dedicated on Memorial Day, May 29th 2017. The slideshow was created in collaboration with The Woodland Park Historical Society and the students of Passaic County Technical institute. To view the slideshow click on the photo above or click here.
"Viva Enim Mortuorum in Memoria Vivorum Est Posita"
The Life of the Dead is Retained in the Memory of The Living
Additional thanks for this project includes Mr. William Gillhooley and
Ms. Kathy Pagano.